Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Month of Love: Day 3

I love reading.
I have my parents to thank for this.
Both of my parents are readers.
I grew up seeing my parents reading all the time.
I was already reading when I started kindergarten…
mainly because my two older sisters could already read,
and if they could do it, I had to do it too!
I’m training Riker to be a reader too…
DSCN0280

Plus, books are as much fun to read as they are to eat!

DSCN0283

As much as I love to read, I hate buying books.
Which is why I also love libraries.
Libraries fuel my love of reading for free!
(unless you count the massive amount of money I have spent on late fees at the library…)

But sometimes, a brand new book comes out and the waiting list at the library is just too long…
which is why I also love the Kindle.
I can get the book I want to read right away,
and it costs (a little bit) less than it does at the store.

My taste in books is not the most sophisticated.
I read a lot of “chick lit”
such as Confessions of a Shopaholic.
I also read a lot of Young Adult Fiction,
like Twilight.
This week, I finished reading two books that have been on my “must read” list.
Both fall into the “young adult” category.

 i-am-number-four-novelmatched

Both were very good reads.
And both were the first book in a series…
meaning I now have to wait for the sequels to come out.

My list of “must reads” continually grows.
Thanks to some recent suggestions, my list has grown quite a bit.
As soon as some of the ice outside my door melts,
a trip to the library is in order.

What books do you love?

2 comments:

Ginny said...

awesome! i have just re-kindled my love (time) for reading! Thanks for the suggestions...im always looking for a good book :)i have just started reading water for elephants...and then the scorch trials, which is the sequel to the maze runner...which is really good. I LOVED the hunger games series :) those are my most recent reads

Jen and Tyson said...

the picture of riker and his books are too cute! he's so great! :)