Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Story About A Table

After living without a kitchen table for over a year now,
we were lucky to receive one from our neighbors when they moved
(thanks Ellen!)
The table we received had a light wood top and a white base.
Although it was in good condition, it just didn’t match our decor.
So, after letting it sit in our kitchen in pieces for several weeks,
I finally started painting.

Being the good blogger that I am,
I did take “before” pictures.
However, I had to take these pictures with my phone since TJ had my camera at school that day.
And, being the scatterbrained girl that I am,
I deleted all the pictures that were on my phone.
So, to sum up, I do not have any before pictures.

I do have an after picture though!
And, after all, isn’t that the most important picture?!

100_3377

The lighting is horrid, I know.
But you get the general idea.
The top is black (Black Forever, according to the paint can)
and the base is a dark grey (Cracked Pepper).
In real life, the difference in color is barely noticeable,
which is kind of what I was going for.
Different enough to break up the black.
Similar enough that it isn’t an eyesore.

Now we just need chairs.

No comments: