Monday, September 13, 2010

Being Betty Draper

Recently I started watching Mad Men.
I heart Betty Draper’s fashion.

betty
 
When I watch the show with TJ in the room,
he is quick to point out how Betty acts.
*Dinner on the table when Don comes home.
*Never argues or talks back to Don.
*Dresses in pearls and heels with lipstick on.

In our house, it usually goes like this:
*Dinner is usually thrown together last minute (and sometimes comes from a blue box)
*I only argue and talk back to TJ when he is wrong (which just happens to be all the time!)
*TJ’s lucky if I’m out of my pajamas when he comes home

In an effort to become more like Betty Draper,
I thought about following The Good Wife’s Guide:

good wife

A few favorites:

*Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
*Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
*Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

Maybe being Betty Draper isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
(after all, Don is cheating on her…)

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha this cracked me up! ;) I'm right there with ya with dinner thrown together and still in my PJs. And he can consider it a really lucky day if I've washed my hair. Ha ha. And that dumb wife guide....brenden's room mates used to have that up on their fridge when he lived there before we got married. I was tempted to tell them that that was why none of them were married. Ha ha.

Rebecca Olson Bradshaw said...

I'm pretty sure a man wrote that wife's guide.... am I right? Too funny. I should try to be a little more gay when Jacob comes home:) haha

Christie Knight said...

That is insane! Wonder if there if a "Good Husband's Guide" out there somewhere??! Hmmm....funny thanks for the laugh!