Saturday, August 21, 2010

Let’s Party Like It’s 1985!

August 19, 1985.
The day I graced this world with my presence.

baby lisa

August 19, 2010.
The 25th anniversary of my birth. 80s Party 052

August 20, 2010
The greatest 80s party ever.griers

(Also, my mom’s bday. Happy birthday mom!)

To celebrate this milestone of a birthday,
I decided I wanted to party like it’s 1985.
I imagine our outfits were similar to what my parents were wearing the day I was born.

cake

Oh yeah, that is supposed to be my Rubik’s cube birthday cake.
I wish I could blame the bakery for making something so ridiculous looking.
But alas, it was all me.
What’s that? You don’t think it looks that bad.
Here’s a close up:cake2

Yep.
First time and last time I ever used fondant.

Despite the awesomeness of the cake,
the party was totally rad!
Time to start brainstorming for the next party!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i don't think that what tj is wearing is what dad wore...... gross

Brenden+Nikki said...

wow Ryker looks a lot like you did when you were a baby. And I'm sorry I'm not gonna lie.....ha ha....I'm DYING over your cake. ha ha I love it. It seriously makes me laugh just looking at it. But I think it was a fantastic effort - especially for your first time using fondant. And I'm also pretty sure mine would have looked worse.

Happy Birthday!

cindy said...

just want to go on record...we NEVER wore such "lovely" outfits such as you and TJ are sporting!!!

The Webbs said...

TJ kinda looks like Paulie Bleeker on Juno! haha fun party!!

Jen Olson Brown said...

So cute! We hard about this way over in Arizona! Heard it was a blast.