Friday, February 15, 2008

On Valentine's Day and Why I Love My Dad...


So I have to start by telling everyone about my amazing father! My daddy is one of my favorite people for many reasons. He is funny, tough, kind, and patient...and he has been able to survive 25 years surrounded by all the girls in our family! So why am I starting my Valentine's Day post by talking about my dad? Answer: Because my dad made this Valentine's so special by taking us (me, TJ, Lindsey, Mike, Mom) to the Melting Pot! Let me tell you, if you have not been to the Melting Pot you seriously have to go. It was literally over 3 hours of straight eating...and we all know I love eating! And since I know you all care so much, I documented our evening of eating for you! It all started with the cheese course. We got to choose 2 different kinds of cheeses...one was a yummy cheddar and the other (my favorite) was Swiss with salmon pieces mixed in. We were literally scraping the sides of the pot! After a delicious second course of strawberry and walnut salad, it was time for the meat. The plate that TJ and I chose was so great...lobster, prawns, raspberry glazed chicken, and balsamic marinated filet mignon. We had two different cooking styles, one was burgandy wine with mushrooms and the other was a Caribean/citrus flavor. We made sure to eat it all! Then came my favorite course...dessert! We had one pot of dark and one pot of milk chocolate. I don't know which was my favorite...they were both so delicious! And the dippers...oooh, we had cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows. The best was the brownies, because that was chocolate on chocolate...can't go wrong with that! Aside from all the tasty food, I think my favorite part of the evening was being able to dress up. TJ let me go buy a new dress for this special night, and I am officially in love with my new dress. It was so great to dress up, go to a fancy restaurant, and spend a night laughing with my family and eating wonderful food! And that, my friends, are my thoughts on Valentine's Day and Why I Love my Father.

No comments: