Thursday, September 13, 2012

Date Knight

Once upon a time, I had one kid…Just Riker.
And when it was just me and Riker, we had all sorts of fun together. Lots of mother-son bonding time because there was no one else I needed to share my attention.
But then one day, Olivia showed up and started demanding some of that attention (which I happily give her because she’s so darn cute!).
And for the last 9 months, all of our activities and adventures and fun have included mom and Riker and Olivia…And for the last 9 months, Riker and I have had almost zero mommy-son bonding time.
Sure, we have moments here and there when Olivia is napping that the two of us can play together…but I wanted more. so When a friend told me about Chick-Fil-A’s Mother/Son “Date Knight”, I immediately signed up.

So tonight, we got ready to go on a date with just Mommy and Riker.

IMG_1599

I wasn’t sure what to expect since I’d never been to one of Chick-Fil-A’s events, but I was amazed at all the effort they put into the evening.
The theme was “Date Knight” so the whole restaurant was decorated like a medieval castle.

DSCN3752

We colored shields and talked about dragons and knights and rescuing princesses while we munched on our chicken nuggets.
(and seriously, I heart the nugs at CFA…so good)

DSCN3745

All of the employees were dressed as knights and maidens.
And there was a juggler (wearing extremely tight spandex pants!)…he juggled balls, glowing sticks, and even FIRE!

DSCN3746

What amazed me the most was the pony rides out in the parking lot!
Riker was pretty nervous on his first ride…after walking around the circle only halfway, he told me he was done!

DSCN3748

But after playing in the play place with friends for a while, he was ready to go ride the horse again.
All fear was gone and he went for 2 more rides (and wanted to go more!).

IMG_1605

So a huge thank you to Chick-Fil-A for providing such a wonderful family event.
It was so fun to get to hang out with my little buddy again, without having to hold/wrestle/bounce/rock/feed/soothe an active baby sister!
(I forgot how easy just one kid could be!)

No comments: