Sunday, July 1, 2012

35 Things To Do: Update

Try one new recipe a week:
*
baked sweet & sour chicken…I completely regret waiting so long to try this recipe. It was amazing and will be added to our regular dinner rotation!
*
cream cheese enchiladas…seriously so good. Quite possibly my new favorite enchilada recipe.
*
honey glazed carrots…good, but not amazing. I wanted them sweeter. And since they were done in the crock pot, they lacked any carmalization which I missed.
*
crack potatoes…not as good as funeral potatoes, but there was bacon in it and bacon is good.

Read 30 books:
*Two Truths and a Lie…book #3 in the Lying Game series (I started the series so I might as well finish it!)
*Beautiful Days…book #2 in Bright Young Things series. Not as good as the first, as sequels tend to be.

Have family pictures taken:
We did it! It was hot and we were sweaty, but we did it! My cousin Christie, as in
Christie Knight Photography, took our pictures just a few days ago. Once she gets done doing her magic (and hopefully making me look skinny and fabulous through the miracles of photoshop!) I will be sure to share them with you!

Make homemade baby food:
I am so proud of myself for this one…there was something so rewarding about making baby food for Olivia. I am by no means an “organic-whole foods-green living” kind of person, but I love the money I’m saving by doing this! I've made butternut squash, carrots, peas, zucchini, peaches, bananas, and pears. So much easier than I ever thought it would be.

I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to this month, but I am proud of the progress I have made so far! The year is exactly half over and I think I’ve made a pretty good dent in my list!

No comments: