Tuesday, July 13, 2010

6 Months Old

Riker is 6 months old.
That's half a year!
I don't have any stats on him yet,
but once we return to Ohio we will take him to his doc to weigh in.
Unofficially, he weighs around 18 pounds.
I know, he's a chunk.

The latest Riker development is this:
That's right, my friends.
Riker is sitting up.
Unsupported.
Like a big boy.
Now, shortly after this picture was taken, Riker toppled over.
He isn't a pro at sitting up just yet
(after a few seconds, he wobbles and eventually falls)
but we're working on it!

Also at 6 months old, Riker is:
*rolling over like nobody's business
(mainly back to tummy...occasionally tummy to back)
*eating solid food
(he has yet to turn his nose up at anything he's been offered...hence the 18 pounds)
*sleeping 10-12 hours a night
(he still wakes up once, after about 8 or 9 hours, for a bottle but he always goes back to sleep for a few more hours)
*taking 2-3 naps per day
(still no set nap times, which drives me crazy...but he wakes up at different times every day, so nap times change every day. Any suggestions?)
*Laughing and smiling
(but only when he wants to...he won't perform on demand)
*Drooling
(like, buckets and buckets of drool...all day, every day. I keep feeling his gums, hoping to find a tooth to explain the drool...but nope, he's just a drool-machine for no reason at all.)

Pretty much, Riker is amazing.
I know I'm kinda biased, but I'm pretty sure he's the most awesome kid ever.
I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Nat & Tommy said...

he is so dang cute! and getting so so big! call me, we need to play.. hello.. were in walking distance and i haven't even seen you yet!