Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Little Piggy...

Many years ago, my grandma gave me a piggy bank.
It was filled with lots of coins.
20 dollars, to be exact.
Since then, the amount of change in that piggy bank has varied.
Most often, I went in after the quarters.
When the hubs and I were first married, we used all the quarters to pay for laundry.
This piggy bank has been extremely handy over the years.
Unfortunately, husband did not love the piggy bank like I did.
He's wanted to get rid of the piggy bank since day one.
Recently, husband got his wish.
We took piggy with us to Wal-Mart
(yes, Wal-Mart...we are classy people)
We had to remove many non-coin items that were stored inside piggy...
souvenir pennies from Disneyland
bobby pins
batting cage coins
random bits of trash
Finally, we were able to reap the benefits of piggy.
Years later, piggy had more than the 20 bucks Grandma gave me.
We could have done any number of things with our newfound wealth...
but we decided to buy groceries instead.
That's the way we roll.

1 comment:

cindy said...

TJ has no sentimental values...I can't believe you tossed the Pig.