Sunday, August 24, 2008

Boot Camp Update

Tuesday morning I woke up so excited to head off to my first ever boot camp session. I pulled on my work out clothes, laced up my shoes, grabbed my pink waterbottle and mat, and headed off. Within about 5 minutes, I was beginning to regret my decision! One girl actually ran out the door and started throwing up in the bushes, then spent the rest of the time flat on her back to try not to throw up any more. Luckily, I was able to survive and keep up with everyone else. The day after that first session I felt like I had been hit by a semi truck that then backed up and hit me again and again! Every muscle in my body was staging a revolt against me. Sitting, standing, walking...it all hurt. I would literally put off going to the bathroom just because it hurt so much to sit down on the toilet!

Saturday morning rolls around and as I am getting ready I keep telling myself, "It will all be worth it. Just think of the skinny jeans!" I am no longer excited. I am now dreading the thought of going. But we paid all that money, and I have this new cute pink yoga mat, so I have to go. Besides, 5 other teachers at my school are doing this boot camp and if I quit now they will all know that I am a wuss! Surprisingly, Saturday was so much better. It was still hardcore and intense, but they didn't make anyone throw up so that was a good sign. It was still difficult to breath at certain parts, and my legs felt like jello, but I was able to push myself through the pain and continue to keep up with everyone.

The best part of Saturday was the massages. One of my trainers is a masseuse and she had 3 of her masseuse friends come down to do FREE full body massages for all of us! I went home, showered, then headed back down for my massage. For one whole hour, I was in heaven! I was just about to fall asleep when she said she was finished, and as I stood up to get dressed my body felt a million times better. So this morning when I woke up, and I was expecting to be as sore as I was after the Tuesday work out, I was able to move without wincing in pain! Sure, my thighs are still a bit sore and my shoulders/arms are kind of tight, but nowhere near the pain I had felt before. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to survive the next 5 weeks of boot camp. And maybe, just maybe, I will be able to once again wear those jeans that have been pushed to the back of my closet. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

I want to hear more about your BOOT CAMP! I just started my own BOOT CAMP for myself.... not as exciting, but definitely intense. (That's what my exercise blog is about, plus helping others...) Either way... update about it! ;) Love your buns hun!