Saturday, February 25, 2012

I’m A Big Kid Now!

Yesterday, my son grew up.
We started potty training and I am unbelievably proud of how well he is doing.
He is so proud of himself, too. His favorite part is flushing it down the toilet.
”bye bye peepees!

photo (17)

He also drank out of a cup, unassisted, for the first time yesterday.
We’ve been playing it safe with sippy cups up until now.
But when I handed him his own Riker-size cup, he knew just what to do.

And then, the kicker, he said his prayers last night all by himself.
he usually will parrot us when we say prayers at bedtime, but last night he just said it all by himself.
I was shocked and oh so proud
(tears may or may not have filled my eyes).

it just amazes me to see how much he has grown.
I look at Olivia and can clearly remember when riker was so teeny tiny…
now he’s a big boy who pees on the potty and drinks out of cups and says his own prayers.
livvy bug better stay bitty for a while longer, I don’t know how much more growing up I can handle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

And before you know it, he will be driving a car, going off to college, getting married and having children. Time flies by so fast! I remember a lot of firsts in my boys lives, but it's hard to keep track of the lasts, the last time I held their hand to cross a street, the last time they sat on my lap, the last time I tucked them in. I suspect God does that on purpose for us!
Good job Riker, I wonder if mom even wants to remember your last dirty diaper!!!

February 25, 2012 12:43 PM

Whit said...

that is so precious!