Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 Little Lines

Going in to our doctor’s appointment today, I was 99% certain that baby #2 was a boy.
If I was a gambler, I would have gone all in (or whatever it is that gamblers do).
When the doctor started pointing out things he was seeing on the baby, I continued to think in male pronouns.

Doc: Look, 2 hands!
Me: Oh good, he can catch a football!

Doc: Look, 2 feet!
Me: Oh good, he can run around with Riker!

Doc: Look, a cerebellum!
Me: Oh good, he will be so smart!

Doc: Look, 3 lines!
Me: What? I don’t know what that means…
Doc: It’s a girl!
Me: What!?

There was no clear evidence of boy parts, but the umbilical cord was between baby’s legs…
so there is a chance that baby could be a boy.
But doc gave me odds of 80/20 in favor of a girl,
and that’s good enough for me.
TJ and I couldn’t be happier,
and Riker still has no clue what is going on.
Now comes the hard part…choosing a name!

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Aw congrats! I guessed girl for the record. And also for the record that is the first time I've ever guessed correctly!

Christie Knight said...

Congratulations...I guessed girl too! : ) Naming is the hardest part! I have 5 1/2 weeks left with this baby and still she has no name! Crazy! Thats super exciting-we are very happy for you!

cindy said...

I still vote suburbia nuttle!!!

The Jolley Family said...

Yea for girls! The only thing you need to be aware of is that they start manipulating at the age of two. At least mine did, but I still love her anyway!