Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday Shout Outs!

First of all...America. Our country is 232 years old today! As John Adams said,"It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forevermore." So go see some pomp, play some games and sports, ring some bells, and light up those bonfires...man, Johnny sure knew how to have a good time!

Also...Diet Coke. This fabulous, calorie-free beverage was introduced on Independence day in 1982. For those of you who know me, Diet Coke is my love (along with peanut m&ms...they go beautifully together). But every now and then DC and I need a little break. He gets too clingy, then I start to have commitment problems, and its just a wicked little cycle. So DC and I have been on a little bit of a break for a week now. I'm not going to lie, I miss my DC...every time I drive by a QuikTrip my car seems to naturally veer on over, but I'm holding strong.

P.S. Coming Attractions...daddy is taking us to the lake! Be prepared for awesome pictures of my fam in bathing suits!

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Lisa you are hilarious! :) Random fact about Diet Coke too... seriously? Ha ha! I'm going to go see some pomp... whatever that is and eat lot of BBQ food! ;)