Saturday, January 26, 2013

When It Rains, Make Rainbows!

Over a year ago, I heard about the Color Run 5K and I knew I wanted to participate.
As it turned out, I was in Ohio during the AZ race and in AZ during the Ohio race!
But finally, the stars aligned and I was able to sign up for the race!

My sisters and I signed up months ago and we were so excited!
Granted, none of us “trained” for this “race” since we’d heard it is more for the fun of it than anything else, but we were still excited!
Our excitement was slightly dampened (literally) when we woke up the morning of the race to RAIN.
But we were going to have a good time, rain or shine!

photo (8)photo (7)

And what a fun time we had!
Yes, we were cold and yes we were wet, but by golly did we have fun!
Very little running took place, mostly because the large crowds made it difficult to do much more than power walk.
Along the route were different “Color Stations” where volunteers would pelt the Color Runners with colored powder.
We all made sure to get as colorful as we could!

photo (5)photo (2)

Definitely one of the funnest things I’ve done in a long time!
And we will be signing up again…hopefully next time it won’t be raining!

No comments: