Saturday, October 4, 2008

Movie Reviews

My first week of vacation has been awesome. Literally spent all day Monday in my jammies, finally ventured out of the house on Tuesday (only because I had to go to the grocery store or die from starvation), and finally on Wednesday I started to DO something. And by something I mean see too many movies!

On Wednesday, my mom and I went to lunch at {yummy} Olive Garden then headed to Harkins to see this flick:
I hadn't even heard of it prior to seeing it, but I actually liked it. First of all, not a single man is in the movie at all. They talk about men a lot, but we never see one of 'em! Meg didn't look too plastic, Jada Pinkett plays a lesbian, and Debra is {as always} hilariously funny.


Then on Thursday I, once again, headed to Harkins with some ladies in my ward to see this film:

Again, I hadn't heard of this movie (maybe I should watch more TV so I can see these previews) but it was really good. Very sappy, almost too cheesy at times, but I'm a sucker for any movie that makes me cry! Plus, Sean Faris and Penn Badgley are pretty (even though they tried too hard to make Penn look like a tough guy!).


Then on Friday, I headed up to Harkins again (I know, how lame do I sound?!). This time, TJ and I went with a special needs boy from our ward who was REALLY excited to see this movie (which is sure to win at least 1 Oscar!):

TJ's thoughts: You know parent's must REALLY love their children if they are willing to sit through this with them!
Fun though, that most of the laughter we heard throughout the movie seemed to be coming from the parents. I can see why kiddos would like this, but talking chihuahuas are just not my thing.

This weekend I'm all about General Conference, next week I'll be working with my man for this man, and next weekend I will hopefully be here!

2 comments:

mamajo said...

Hi Lisa - I like great movie reviews! Don't feel bad, I haven't heard of those movies either. I've made my blog public, so check it out sometime. Say Hi to your fam for me! Joanna

The Gunnell's said...

Oh how I miss the movies! I'm such a loser and a bum that I haven't gone in so long! Now I want to go see one!